With tickets for the Victoria Racing Club’s 2022 Race Days going on sale, here's everything you need to know before race day.
Wondering how to get tickets to Victoria Racing Club (VRC) events at Flemington Racecourse? Get prepared with our top tips – good luck!
The races, the prestige, the tradition, the events, the facilities – the Victoria Racing Club (VRC) and Flemington Racecourse boast it all, making it the world’s largest member-based racing club.
Tickets to all Victoria Racing Club (VRC) race days at Flemington Racecourse are now sold through Ticketmaster, and whether you’ve bought tickets with us a hundred times or this is your first visit – here is a handy guide covering everything you need to know to get ready for onsale.
Victoria Racing Club (VRC) Race Days
- August 6, 2022, – Season Premiere Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- September 10, 2022, – Sofitel Girls’ Day Out @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- September 18, 2022, – Spring Classics Preview Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- October 1, 2022, – TAB Turnbull Stakes Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- October 29, 2022, – Penfolds Victoria Derby Day (Melbourne Cup Carnival) @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 1, 2022, – Lexus Melbourne Cup Day (Melbourne Cup Carnival) @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 3, 2022, – Kennedy Oaks Day (Melbourne Cup Carnival) @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 5, 2022, – VRC Champions Stakes Day (Melbourne Cup Carnival) @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- December 17, 2022, – VRC Christmas Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 1, 2023, – New Year’s Day Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 14, 2023, – VRC Summer Fun Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 20, 2023, – Rapid Racing Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- February 20, 2023, – Black Caviar Lightning Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 4, 2023, – Australian Guineas Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 11, 2023, – Super Saturday @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 25, 2023, – Australian Cup Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- April 25, 2023, – Anzac Day Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- May 13, 2023, – Andrew Ramsden Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- May 20, 2023, – VRC National Jockeys Trust Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- June 3, 2023, – VRC Community Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- June 17, 2023, – VRC Country Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- July 1, 2023, – Flemington Finals Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- July 15, 2023, – VRC Members Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
VRC Race Day Onsale Info:
- Season Premiere Race Day – On sale now
- Sofitel Girls’ Day Out – On sale Tuesday 23 August
- Spring Classics Preview Day – On sale Tuesday 23 August
- TAB Turnbull Stakes Day – On sale Tuesday 23 August
- Penfolds Victoria Derby Day – General Admission & Reserved Seating in Hill Stand and Lawn Stand on sale now / Members tickets and further public tickets will be released later in the year
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Day – General Admission & Reserved Seating in Hill Stand and Lawn Stand on sale now / Members tickets and further public tickets will be released later in the year
- Kennedy Oaks Day – General Admission & Reserved Seating in Hill Stand and Lawn Stand on sale now / Members tickets and further public tickets will be released later in the year
- VRC Champions Stakes Day – General Admission & Reserved Seating in Hill Stand and Lawn Stand on sale now / Members tickets and further public tickets will be released later in the year
- VRC Christmas Race Day – On sale soon
- New Year’s Day Race Day – On sale soon
- VRC Summer Fun Race Day – On sale soon
- Rapid Racing Race Day – On sale soon
- On sale information for all other 2023 VRC Race Days will be available soon.
Want a memento? Grab a collector ticket
If you’re looking for a small piece of memorabilia to remember your 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival experience, look no further than a limited-edition Collector Ticket.
**Please note: Your Ticketmaster issued mobile ticket will be your race day access to the track. This commemorative ticket will be posted to you following the Carnival to provide you with the perfect souvenir to remember your day at Flemington.
A collector ticket is a souvenir, 3D-style ticket which not only gets you into the event, it also serves as a treasured keepsake to be kept well after the tournament is over.
Collector tickets are only made available for selected events and can be purchased through the normal purchase processes – be sure to select a “Collector Ticket” when choosing your ticket type.
Collector tickets can only be delivered to fans via mail, and cannot be sent as Print-at-Home or E-Tickets, or collected from outlets or the venue. Collector Tickets are not available to those without a valid Australian address. You must provide an Australian postal address to receive Collector Tickets.
Get to know Ticket Forward so everyone has their own ticket before getting to the gates
Before heading to the racetrack, make sure every adult has their own ticket on their own phone – that way we can reduce queues and ensure minimal time is spent at the entry gates, and more time is spent inside.
Ticket Forwarding is free and allows you to quickly and securely share individual digital tickets with your family or friends via the Ticketmaster App or Ticketmaster.com.au.
How it works
1. Open the Ticketmaster App, sign in to your account, and click ‘My Events’ in the drop-down menu
2. Select the event, open the order, and tap ‘Forward’
3. Select the ticket/s you want to forward, enter your friend’s name, email address, and a message for them, tap ‘Confirm’
4. Your friend receives an email, asking them to accept the forwarded tickets, and they can either login or create a new Ticketmaster account to accept.
5. The tickets are now ready to go in your friend’s Ticketmaster account and marked as ‘Forwarded’ in your account.
All Victoria Racing Club (VRC) tickets purchased via Ticketmaster will be digital
All tickets purchased*** to Victoria Racing Club events at Flemington Racecourse via Ticketmaster are digital, meaning you can easily access your tickets on your phone via the Ticketmaster app or the web browser on your mobile phone, add them straight to your phone’s ticket wallet, and share them with your friends and family.
No PDFs, no printing, and no paper mean that you’ve always got your ticket with you.
Top tip: To make entry on event day as quick as possible, we recommend adding your tickets to your phone’s wallet before arriving at the venue!
**All tickets can only be accessed via mobile web browser or the Ticketmaster app, except Collector Tickets, which will be sent via mail prior to the event.
You’ll need a MyTicketmaster account
Get the basics covered before tickets go on sale by logging in and checking your Ticketmaster account ahead of time. If you don’t have a Ticketmaster Account then make sure you sign up in advance – Ticketmaster.com.au.
Log into your Ticketmaster account and update your password if needed
If you already have a Ticketmaster account, get in early and ensure all your Ticketmaster account details are up to date – from your password to your card details and your phone number.
Ticketmaster will regularly ask you to update your password to ensure the security of your account – you don’t want to get stuck having to change your password while the ticket timer is counting down during on-sale as you can risk losing the incredible tickets you have secured.
Instead, now that you know you want to purchase tickets, log into your account and update your password today to ensure you are ready to nab those tickets.
How do Victoria Racing Club Members access their tickets?
To access tickets to any 2022 Victorian Racing Club events using your VRC Membership, you will need to download the Ticketmaster app or access Ticketmaster.com.au via your mobile web browser. See more about digital tickets above.
1 – Log in to your My Ticketmaster account ahead of time and ensure all your account details are up to date.
2 – Head to the Victorian Racing Club event page here and select ‘See Options’ for the Race Day you wish to attend.
3 – Select the hospitality or race day option you’d like to purchase tickets for. Once selected select ‘Join The Queue’ and you will be places into Ticketmaster’s Waiting Room, ready to join the Smart Queue when it opens (you can find more information here)
Please note: The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale.
4 – Once you have progressed through the Smart Queue and are on the Event page, you will need to select the “Are You A Member?” option **(if you already see “Unlock Member Tickets” go to Step 5)
General Admission Members: Where to find the “Are You A Member” button (click to view larger)
5 – Click on ‘’Unlock Member Tickets’’
6 – Enter your barcode/s and click on ‘’Validate’’ (please enter one barcode per line, and a maximum of 10 barcodes per transaction).
7 – From there, select any Member Upgrade/s and Additional Tickets (if applicable) and select “Find Tickets”
Once you select your Ticket Quantity but before you click Find Tickets, you can filter by Price & Section if applicable
8 – The system will then allocate you seat/s. If you wish to proceed, click “Get Tickets” and progress through account login and delivery method selection as normal (All tickets are Mobile Delivery Only – find more information about Digital Tickets above)
Ensure you read through the terms and conditions before selecting the tick box to proceed to payment.
10 – Process payment and your tickets will be accessible in your My Ticketmaster account – via the Ticketmaster app or mobile website.
Please note: you will receive a confirmation email from Ticketmaster, this is not your ticket.
How do I book accessible tickets?
If you need to book accessible tickets, you can do so via our dedicated Accessible Bookings Phone Line. Please call 1300 446 925 and someone from their dedicated team will be able to assist you.
Accessible seating can also be requested via our Accessible Booking form.
Get to know Ticketmaster’s Smart Queue!
If you aren’t familiar with Smart Queue, it is Ticketmaster’s way of creating a clear and fair process for thousands of fans to buy tickets in a short space of time. Fans enter the virtual Waiting Room prior to onsale time before joining the Smart Queue – which acts as a ‘virtual line’, helping us protect you and your tickets in a more effective way.
The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale.
When the sale begins, the Smart Queue will open and everyone in the Waiting Room is given a place in line. Those who did not join the Waiting Room will be placed at the end of the line.
- Sign in to your Ticketmaster account at least 10 minutes before joining the Waiting Room. This will speed up your purchase later.
- Confirm you have a valid form of payment in your account with current email and billing information. This will make checkout a breeze.
- Resist the urge to refresh. Your page will automatically refresh when you enter the Smart Queue.
- Keep an eye on the time! When it’s your turn, your spot will be held for 10 minutes to begin shopping.
- Just like before, tickets are always based on availability, demand, and are not guaranteed.
Tickets to the Victoria Racing Club’s 2022 race days at Flemington Racecourse are on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au.