With tickets for the Victoria Racing Club’s Race Days going on sale, here's everything you need to know before race day.
Wondering how to get tickets to Victoria Racing Club (VRC) events at Flemington Racecourse? Here are our top tips!
The races, the prestige, the tradition, the events, the facilities – the Victoria Racing Club (VRC) and Flemington Racecourse boast it all, making it the world’s largest member-based racing club.
Tickets to all Victoria Racing Club (VRC) race days at Flemington Racecourse are sold through Ticketmaster, and whether you’ve bought tickets with us a hundred times or this is your first visit – here is a handy guide covering everything you need to know.
Experience the magic of the 2023 Melbourne Cup Carnival! Equine athleticism meets Melbourne style in a magnificent showcase of thoroughbred excellence. Be there to experience everything that Cup Week has to offer – level up your Melbourne Cup Carnival with Premium Experiences. Read more here.
How do Victoria Racing Club Members access their tickets?
To access tickets to Victorian Racing Club events using your VRC Membership, you will need to download the Ticketmaster app or access Ticketmaster.com.au via your mobile web browser. See more about digital tickets above.
You will require your Membership barcode, the barcode from your 23/24 Annual Guest Card if you have purchased one, and the barcode number/s for each member/annual guest card holder you are booking tickets for.
1 – Log in to your My Ticketmaster account ahead of time and ensure all your account details are up to date.
2 – Head to the Victorian Racing Club event page here and select ‘See Options’ for the Race Day you wish to attend.
3 – Select your ticket and event option you wish to access. Once selected select ‘Join The Queue’ and you will be places into Ticketmaster’s Waiting Room, ready to join the Smart Queue when it opens (you can find more information here)
Please note: The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale.
4 – Once you have progressed through the Smart Queue and are on the Event page, you will need to select the “Are You A Member?” option **(if you already see “Unlock Member Tickets” go to Step 5)
General Admission Members: Where to find the “Are You A Member” button (click to view larger)
5 – Click on ‘’Unlock Member Tickets’’
6 – Enter the membership barcode numbers for each person within your booking group, including any Annual Guest Card barcodes. Then select ‘Validate’ (please enter one barcode per line, and a maximum of 10 barcodes per transaction).
7 – From there, select ‘1’ for each barcode you have entered and for any guest tickets (where applicable) and select “Find Tickets”. If booking dining, please note all tables in dining areas (excluding The Atrium Flat and The Peak) are in set sizes and members will need to select the number of tickets equivalent to the table size.
All seats that have been grouped together must be purchased together and cannot be divided.
8 – The system will then allocate you seat/s. If you wish to proceed, click “Get Tickets” and progress through account login and delivery method selection as normal (All tickets are Mobile Delivery Only – find more information about Digital Tickets above)
Ensure you read through the terms and conditions before selecting the tick box to proceed to payment.
10 – Process payment and your tickets will be accessible in your My Ticketmaster account – via the Ticketmaster app or mobile website.
Please note: you will receive a confirmation email from Ticketmaster, this is not your ticket.
Get to know Ticketmaster’s Smart Queue!
If you aren’t familiar with Smart Queue, it is Ticketmaster’s way of creating a clear and fair process for thousands of fans to buy tickets in a short space of time. Fans enter the virtual Waiting Room prior to onsale time before joining the Smart Queue – which acts as a ‘virtual line’, helping us protect you and your tickets in a more effective way.
The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale.
When the sale begins, the Smart Queue will open and everyone in the Waiting Room is given a place in line. Those who did not join the Waiting Room will be placed at the end of the line.
- Sign in to your Ticketmaster account at least 10 minutes before joining the Waiting Room. This will speed up your purchase later.
- Confirm you have a valid form of payment in your account with current email and billing information. This will make checkout a breeze.
- Resist the urge to refresh. Your page will automatically refresh when you enter the Smart Queue.
- Keep an eye on the time! When it’s your turn, your spot will be held for 10 minutes to begin shopping.
- Just like before, tickets are always based on availability, demand, and are not guaranteed.
Get to know Ticket Transfer so everyone has their own ticket before getting to the gates
Before heading to the racetrack, make sure every adult has their own ticket on their own phone – that way we can reduce queues and ensure minimal time is spent at the entry gates, and more time is spent inside.
Ticket Transfer is free and allows you to quickly and securely share individual digital tickets with your family or friends via the Ticketmaster App or Ticketmaster.com.au.
How it works
1. Open the Ticketmaster App, sign in to your account, and click ‘My Events’ in the drop-down menu
2. Select the event, open the order, and tap ‘Transfer’
3. Select the ticket/s you want to forward, enter your friend’s name, email address, and a message for them, tap ‘Confirm’
4. Your friend receives an email, asking them to accept the forwarded tickets, and they can either login or create a new Ticketmaster account to accept.
5. The tickets are now ready to go in your friend’s Ticketmaster account and marked as ‘Transferred’ in your account.
All Victoria Racing Club (VRC) tickets purchased via Ticketmaster will be digital
All tickets purchased*** to Victoria Racing Club events at Flemington Racecourse via Ticketmaster are digital, meaning you can easily access your tickets on your phone via the Ticketmaster app or the web browser on your mobile phone, add them straight to your phone’s ticket wallet, and share them with your friends and family.
No PDFs, no printing, and no paper mean that you’ve always got your ticket with you.
Top tip: To make entry on event day as quick as possible, we recommend adding your tickets to your phone’s wallet before arriving at the venue!
**All tickets can only be accessed via mobile web browser or the Ticketmaster app, except Collector Tickets, which will be sent via mail prior to the event.
You’ll need a MyTicketmaster account
Get the basics covered before tickets go on sale by logging in and checking your Ticketmaster account ahead of time. If you don’t have a Ticketmaster Account then make sure you sign up in advance – Ticketmaster.com.au.
Log into your Ticketmaster account and update your password if needed
If you already have a Ticketmaster account, get in early and ensure all your Ticketmaster account details are up to date – from your password to your card details and your phone number.
Ticketmaster will regularly ask you to update your password to ensure the security of your account – you don’t want to get stuck having to change your password while the ticket timer is counting down during on-sale as you can risk losing the incredible tickets you have secured.
Instead, now that you know you want to purchase tickets, log into your account and update your password today to ensure you are ready to nab those tickets.
How do I book accessible tickets?
If you need to book accessible tickets, you can do so via our dedicated Accessible Bookings Phone Line. Please call 1300 446 925 and someone from their dedicated team will be able to assist you.
Accessible seating can also be requested via our Accessible Booking form.
Victoria Racing Club (VRC) Race Days
- September 16, 2023, – Sofitel Girls’ Day Out @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- September 24, 2023, – Spring Classics Preview Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- October 7, 2023, – TAB Turnbull Stakes Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 4, 2023, – Penfolds Victoria Derby Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 7, 2023, – Lexus Melbourne Cup Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 9, 2023, – Kennedy Oaks Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- November 11, 2023, – TAB Champions Stakes Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- December 20, 2023, – Resimax Group Rapid Racing @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 1, 2024, – New Year’s Day Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 13, 2024, – VRC Standish Handicap Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- January 20, 2024, – VRC Summer Fun Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- February 17, 2024, – Black Caviar Lightning Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 2, 2024, – Australian Guineas Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 9, 2024, – Super Saturday @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- March 30, 2024, – TAB Australian Cup Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- April 25, 2024, – ANZAC Day Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- May 18, 2024, – Andrew Ramsden Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- June 8, 2024, – VRC Community Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- June 22, 2024, – VRC Country Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- July 6, 2024, – Flemington Finals Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
- July 20, 2024, – VRC Members Race Day @ Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne VIC
Tickets to the Victoria Racing Club’s race days at Flemington Racecourse are on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au.