He's dropped a new single, announced a new EP, and now he's (virtually) touring the world
Melbourne singer-songwriter Didirri is treating fans to a whole stack of good news.
Alongside releasing his brand new single ‘The Critic’ and confirming that. he has a new EP on the way, he has also announced that he’ll be performing a series of virtual live shows for fans right around the world this December.
The EP, titled Sold For Sale, follows his 2018 breakthrough record Measurements, and if these last few singles are anything to go by, we are certain we’ll be feeling all the feels as soon as we get to hear it.
Across the two years since his last record, Didirri has become one of Australia’s most beautiful storytellers, and whether he is supporting local and international superstars, selling out his own headline tours, or competing to represent Australia at Eurovision, he has continued winning hearts on every stage he takes over.
Of the single, Didirri says, “The act of criticising something can often ruin it. It may seem like the most intelligent move to analyse your every action but make sure you don’t overcorrect and start to see things beyond what is actually going on. Love needs to be free of criticism to flourish. You aren’t the expert in your relationship; you are half of the team and half of the problem.”
With his EP set for release on Friday 25 September, Didirri will spend the fortnight before embarking on a virtual tour which will be hosted via his website and Youtube. The tour will see Didirri take on a series of online performances for fans across North America, Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Europe, with a very special release day show locked in for Australian fans. That show will also see Didirri hand-pressing vinyl and giving fans some inside info about the EP.
Didirri live-stream performances
- Australia: Friday 25 September @ 7.30pm AEST/ 7pm ACST / 5.30pm AWST
- New Zealand: Friday 25 September @ 9.30pm NZST
- America: Thursday 10 September @ 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT
- Canada: Monday 14 September @ 5.30pm PDT / 8.30pm EDT
- UK & Ireland: Wednesday 16 September @ 12pm BST
- Europe: Saturday 19 September @ 1pm CEST
The new record was half recorded in a house in Johanna, a coastal Australian town with producer Dann Hume (Amy Shark, Matt Corby, Tash Sultana) and the remainder in iconic Los Angeles studio Sunset Sound with legendary producer Joe Chiccarelli (The Strokes, Elton John, Beck).
This year, like all fellow artists, Didirri has had to cancel and reschedule shows including a co-headline North American tour with Jack River and Alex The Astronaut, SXSW, The Great Escape, and a major UK/Europe support tour. During isolation, fans have been able to watch Didirri perform from home as part of Global Citizens Together At Home series, Iso-laid Festival, Delivered Live and State of Music.
Now he will transport fans from their living rooms to a bespoke space, delivering a live music experience for those yearning for a real-life show.
- Biffy Clyro to celebrate new album with special live-stream concert
- British rockers IDLES announce three live-streamed gigs
- Oscar Jerome, Ellie Goulding, more announce live-streamed concerts
- Premiere: Grace Turner takes us through her stunning debut EP ‘Half Truths’
- Oscar Welsh | Crafting a sun-soaked bedroom-pop soundtrack for 2020
- St South takes us through her debut album, ‘Get Well Soon’
- Premiere: CAMP 8 takes us through his lush, emotional debut EP ‘Everything’
- The best live stream gigs and events you can watch at home
Didirri will launch his new EP Sold For Salewith a special live-stream performance on Friday 25 September @ 7.30pm AEST. Tickets on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au.