They'll be taking over an iconic studio space this August
IDLES have announced the release of their third album Ultra Mono for this September, and to celebrate they’ll be playing a trio of shows.
With international touring still off the cards, these shows will mean that IDLES can deliver tracks from their new record to fans right around the world at the same time – the magic of the internet is blessing us all.
Taking place on Sunday 30 August 2020, fans who purchase a ticket for the professionally recorded, filmed, and live-streamed performances will receive a unique link to watch the show online. So whether you turn the shows into a loungeroom party or make it a solo bedroom affair, we’re sure you’re in for a good time.
IDLES live-stream performances from an iconic studio
- Sunday 30 August 2020 – 6am AEST | (29 August) 9PM BST | 4pm EDT | 1pm PDT
- Sunday 30 August 2020 – 8.45am AEST | (29 August) 11.45PM BST | 6.45pm EDT | 3.45pm PDT
- Sunday 30 August 2020 – 9pm AEST | 12PM BST | 7am EDT | 4am PDT
Alongside the tour announce, IDLES have also delivered another fresh cut from Ultra Mono. Joining the recently released ‘Mr Motivator’ is new tune ‘Grounds’.
Talking of the single, IDLES frontman Joe Talbot says, “We wanted to write a song that embodied self-belief, and gave us self-belief – a counter-punch to all the doubt we build up from all the noise we so easily let in. We wanted to make the sound of our own hearts’ marching band, armed with a jackhammer and a smile. We wanted to make the sound of our engine starting. So we did.”
If their second record – 2018’s Joy As An Act Of Resistance was meant to detail IDLES’ manifesto, then Ultra Mono is the soundtrack to the band heading into battle, with themes of active presence, inclusivity, class, gender inequality, nationalism, community, and toxic masculinity still as present as ever.
Recorded in Paris, Ultra Mono sees IDLES team up with Nick Launay, Adam ‘Atom’ Greenspan, and Kenny Beats who – between them – share credits including Nick Cave, Arcade Fire, Anna Calvi, FKA Twigs, Vince Staples, and more.
Check out the album’s full tracklist below:
3. Mr. Motivator
5. Kill Them With Kindness
6. Model Village
7. Ne Touche Pas Moi (feat. Jehnny Beth)
10. The Lover
11. A Hymn
Whether you didn’t get a chance to see the band on their 2019 Australian tour or you’re still relishing in the memory of it, you aren’t going to want to miss these shows.
- Biffy Clyro to celebrate new album with special live-stream concert
- Angie McMahon announces live-stream piano concert for later this month
- Dermot Kennedy and Normal People’s Paul Mescal team up for special live-streamed gig
- Lianne La Havas announces live-stream gig to celebrate new album
- The Streets announce exclusive live-streamed club show
- The best live stream gigs and events you can watch at home
Tickets for IDLES’ three live performances streamed from an iconic studio are on sale now through Ticketmaster.com.au.