The revolution continues – Hamilton is back on stage!
The wait is finally over – smash-hit Broadway production Hamilton is continue its Australian production at the Sydney Lyric Theatre – returning to the stage in October.
Tickets are currently on sale for shows until the end of February 2021 – when Hamilton is set to end its Sydney run.
For those still unfamiliar, here is everything you need to know about the production.
When is Hamilton returning to Australian stages?
Hamilton has reopen at Sydney Lyric Theatre from Tuesday 19 October.
Who is in the cast for Hamilton’s Australian season?
The highly-anticipated lead role of Alexander Hamilton is played by Jason Arrow. He’ll be joined by Chloé Zuel, Lyndon Watts, Akina Edmonds, Matu Ngaropo, Victory Ndukwe, Shaka Cook, and more. Get to know the full 35-person cast here.
When can fans get their hands on tickets?
Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.com.au. You can find them here.
How much do Hamilton tickets cost?
Ticket prices for Hamilton vary by performance, seat location, and during peak periods. Prices are subject to change but will generally range between $70 to $250 (plus fees).
Is there a ticket limit?
There is an 8 ticket limit per household. All orders will be reviewed for duplicate accounts, bots, or other means being used to get around the eight ticket limit. Fraudulent ticket orders may be cancelled without notice. Why the limit? The ticket limit is in place to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to purchase tickets.
Can I get a refund or exchange my tickets for another date?
As with all ticket purchases, we recommend that you check/confirm dates and times of the performance you intend to purchase before completing the checkout. There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets once they are purchased if you change your mind or for personal reasons.
What happens if travel restrictions are in place or I am unable to attend due to COVID-19?
Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for audiences, cast and the venue is of paramount importance.
- If you are unwell, with any Covid-19 symptoms, please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than 10am on the day of your performance and we will work with you to exchange your tickets for a future performance (subject to availability).
- If you booked your tickets and are an interstate or international traveller and are unable to attend the performance due to travel restrictions, please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than a week before your performance and we will work with you to exchange your tickets for future performance (subject to availability).
- In those cases, if after following the above processes we are unable to facilitate an exchange for another performance, a refund will be offered.
- Please note: no exchanges or refunds can be provided after the deadlines listed above or after a performance date unless required by applicable law.
Will the theatre have COVID-Safe protocols in place?
The Sydney Lyric Theatre will operate in accordance with its COVID Safe Plan with the goal of ensuring that your experience at the theatre is made as safe as reasonably possible. The COVID Safe Plan applicable at the time of your visit will be made available on the theatre’s website.
What if a particular performance is sold out?
We anticipate demand will be high for Hamilton tickets and recommend that customers book early for best availability. If the performance you wish to attend is sold out, we recommend the following:
- Look further into the season for later performances.
- Saturday matinees and evenings and Sunday matinees will be the performances that are highest in demand, so consider attending a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday evening performance.
- Continue to check back on sold-out performances in the event additional seats get released.
- Make sure you are signed up to the waitlist to receive information on presales to get early access to new ticket blocks if they become available.
What makes Hamilton the musical so special?
For the uninitiated, Hamilton is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Besides fantastic storytelling, the score is absolutely top-notch and like nothing you’ve ever heard before, blending hip hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway together.
It’s based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Alexander Hamilton. The Broadway production features book, music, and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It was directed by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler. Musical supervision and orchestrations are by Alex Lacamoire.
The musical premiered on Broadway in August 2015 and quickly became a critical success, taking home 11 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album.
It is also currently playing in San Francisco, Chicago, on tour in the US, and in London’s West End. It opened in England in December 2017 winning seven Olivier Awards, including Best New Musical and Outstanding Achievement in Music.
What is the running time for Hamilton?
Running time is approximately two hours and 50 minutes, this includes a 20-minute intermission.
Hamilton The Musical has reopened at Sydney Lyric Theatre. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au.