The countdown to the Australian Open 2022 is on!
Wondering about your tickets to the Australian Open 2022? Here’s everything you need to know before heading to the gates!
The Australian Open is returning in 2022 with all the biggest names and tennis moments that make it an absolute must-see event – and you can be there to see all the action!
Kicking off the 2022 Grand Slam run in fine form, the Australian Open will take place at the marvellous Melbourne Park precinct this January.
We know you are counting down the days with us, but before purchasing your tickets you might have some questions – that’s why we’ve put this handy guide together with everything you need to know.
Get ready for all the incredible on court action served up to you by the world’s best.
Australian Open 2022 key dates
With two weeks of tennis action ready to unfold, taking place from Monday 17 January until Sunday 30 January, you better strap yourself in.
Tickets go on sale from Friday 19 November 2021 @ 12pm AEDT via Ticketmaster.com.au
The tournament will come to a head on Saturday 29 January when the Australian Open 2022 Women’s champion is crowned, while the Men’s Final will take place the following day, on Sunday 30 January.
The Semifinals for the Women’s and Men’s draws will be held on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 January. The Australian Open Quarterfinals will be held on Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 January.
Book with Confidence – Covid-19 Booking Protection
When the Australian Open returns in 2022, the tournament won’t be missing any of the Happy Slam spirit you have come to know and love, but you can now enjoy it all with new measures that put your safety first.
Next year, if COVID-19 changes your game plan, your ticket purchase will automatically be protected.
The Australian Open 2022’s COVID-19 Booking Protection covers the full cost of your ticket or experience if you’re unable to travel to or attend the event due to COVID-19.
It’s not an add on, it’s a guarantee** – and it comes standard with all Australian Open 2022 tickets purchased through Ticketmaster, covering ticket-holders against the following circumstances:
- AO22 is cancelled or rescheduled as a result of COVID-19 requirements or restrictions (in which case, we’ll refund you for the total price of your tickets)
- Your specific session of the AO is cancelled as a result of COVID-19 requirements or restrictions (even if other sessions or aspects of the AO still go ahead)
- We are no longer able to accommodate you at Melbourne Park (this does not include where you fail to meet our vaccination requirements)
- You are prevented from travelling to Melbourne due to State, Territory or Commonwealth government travel restrictions and you advise us that you are unable to travel at least seven (7) days before the date of your session (so that we have enough time to refund you and then offer the tickets to someone else who missed out)
- You or any of your group members have COVID-19 symptoms and/or you are required to isolate (or if any of your close contacts or group members has COVID-19 symptoms) and you notify us and provide us with some evidence (e.g. a medical certificate) at least 24 hours prior to your attendance at the AO (or as soon as you can if there are valid reasons why 24 hours’ notice is not possible)
- In other circumstances, where Tennis Australia feel it is appropriate
All Australian Open 2022 tickets will be digital
All tickets purchased through Ticketmaster*** are now digital, meaning you can easily access your tickets on your phone via the Ticketmaster app or mobile web browser via Ticketmaster.com.au, add them straight to your phone’s ticket wallet, and share them with your friends and family.
Please note, tickets will not be accessible until closer to the event, and customers will be notified when they are able to access or forward their tickets.
***All tickets are digital except Collector Tickets (see below for more info)
I’ve bought an AO22 ticket, but I can’t access it in my account
When you purchase your Australian Open 2022 tickets via Ticketmaster, you will receive a confirmation email. However, your tickets won’t be available to access until Friday 10 December at 12pm. You will receive an email notification when your tickets are ready to be downloaded – you will then be able to access your AO22 tickets in your My Ticketmaster account and forward tickets to your group.
Want a memento? Grab a collector ticket
If you’re looking for a small piece of memorabilia to remember your AO22 experience by, look no further than a limited-edition Collector Ticket and lanyard.
A collector ticket is a souvenir, 3D-style ticket which not only gets you into the event, it also serves as a treasured keepsake to be kept well after the tournament is over.
Collector tickets are only made available for selected events and can be purchased through the normal purchase processes – be sure to select a “Collector Ticket” when choosing your ticket type.
Collector tickets can only be delivered to fans via mail, and cannot be sent as Print-at-Home or E-Tickets, or collected from outlets or the venue. Collector Tickets are not available to those without a valid Australian address. You must provide an Australian postal address to receive Collector Tickets.
Get to know Ticket Forward so everyone has their own ticket
For fast, contactless entry at the gate, it’s never been easier for you to share your tickets with family and friends. Whether you’re buying a ticket for a friend or not everyone in your group is arriving together – Ticketmaster makes it easy to forward tickets in a few simple steps.
Make entry quick and easy by ensuring every adult has their own ticket loaded onto their phone via the Ticketmaster app or using a mobile web browser at Ticketmaster.com.au before arriving at Melbourne Park on AO day.
Your tickets will not be available to forward until Friday 10 December at 12pm.
2. Tap on my events and select the event you want to Ticket Forward
3.Tap ‘Forward’ below the ticket you want to share (please note: you may have to wait a moment for the ‘Forward’ button to load)
4.On the ‘Select Tickets To Forward’ page, confirm the ticket you want to share (please note – you must Forward each ticket individually)
5. Tap the ‘Forward To’ button. Tap ‘Manually Enter A Recipient’ & enter your friend’s ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, and ‘Email Address or Mobile Number’
6. Tap ‘Forward Ticket’. The ticket in your account will now say “Sent”. You can cancel or recall the Ticket Forward at any time
7.Your friend receives an email, asking them to accept the forwarded tickets, and they can either login or create a new Ticketmaster account to accept.
8.The tickets are now ready to go in your friend’s Ticketmaster account and marked as ‘Forwarded’ in your account
Get to know the Smart Queue
If you aren’t familiar with Smart Queue, it is Ticketmaster’s way of creating a clear and fair process for thousands of fans to buy tickets in a short space of time. Fans enter the virtual Waiting Room prior to onsale time before joining the Smart Queue – which acts as a ‘virtual line’, helping us protect you and your tickets in a more effective way.
The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale but there is no need to rush.
When the sale begins, the Smart Queue will open and everyone in the Waiting Room is given a place in line. Those who did not join the Waiting Room will be placed at the end of the line.
- Sign in to your Ticketmaster account at least 10 minutes before joining the Waiting Room. This will speed up your purchase later.
- Confirm you have a valid form of payment in your account with current email and billing information. This will make checkout a breeze.
- Resist the urge to refresh. Your page will automatically refresh when you enter the Smart Queue.
- Keep an eye on the time! When it’s your turn, your spot will be held for 10 minutes to begin shopping.
- Just like before, tickets are always based on availability, demand, and are not guaranteed.
Select the seat you want using the Interactive Seating Map
Whether you are familiar with Melbourne Park and have your ideal view already selected or you want complete control over your purchasing experience, we know that having the ability to choose your seats is super important, and we want to make sure the process is as quick as possible when you’re buying tickets against the clock.
That’s why you have the freedom to choose the seats you want via our Interactive Seating Map.
To get started, click on a section of the map to zoom in on seats and see what is currently available. Scroll left and right, and zoom in and out to navigate around the venue.
Then, select a seat and zoom right in to get a preview of what your view might look like.
Please note: If you’re booking for an event that’s in high demand, you may not see the interactive seat map when you first log on to buy tickets. In instances where we have a lot of fans trying to buy tickets at the same time, we aim to make your checkout experience as fast as possible. The interactive seating map will be deactivated to speed things up for you and boost your chances of securing tickets.
How do I purchase Accessible Seating tickets?
Tennis fans who require accessible tickets to the 2022 Australian Open can purchase these through the General Public page. Please select the number of wheelchair, accessible, and/or companion card tickets you would like to purchase to view the ‘Best Available’ seating currently available.
If you need to talk to a Customer Service Representative, please call 1300 446 925. Please note, this phone number is reserved for patrons with accessibility requirements and companion cardholders and can not process any other ticketing requests.
Accessible Parking will be available to purchase from the General Public onsale onwards (Friday 19 November @ 12pm AEDT) via Ticketmaster’s Accessible Booking line: 1300 446 925
The Australian Open 2022 will transform Melbourne Park from Monday 17 January until Sunday 30 January. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au.