It's the celebration of live music we all need right now
A huge series of COVIDSafe concerts are set to welcome live music back to Victoria this month thanks to 2021 Sounds Better Together.
Leading the eight day concert series are some of your favourite Australian artists including ‘Dance Monkey’ hitmaker and global powerhouse Tones and I, rock icon Jimmy Barnes, and Aussie music legend James Reyne.
The shows will take place in some of Victoria’s most spectacular venues, kicking off with two shows on Saturday 23 January.
Other artists joining the celebration include Missy Higgins, Gordi, The Teskey Brothers, Daryl Braithwaite, and Vika & Linda.
The second round of gigs has landed – this time, taking over some of Melbourne’s favourite live music venues. Rockers The Living End will be joined by Bakers Eddy at The Forum, while Alex Lahey and Scott Darlow will take to St Kilda’s famed The Espy.
2021 Sounds Better Together Show Dates
- January 23, 2021, – Tones And I, Missy Higgins, Gordi, Didirri @ Mount Duneed Estate
- January 23, 2021, – Jimmy Barnes, The Teskey Brothers, Vika & Linda @ Rochford Wines
- January 25, 2021, – Jimmy Barnes, Daryl Braithwaite, Deborah Conway @ All Saints Estate
- January 25, 2021, – Alex Lahey, Scott Darlow @ The Espy
- January 27, 2021, – The Living End, Bakers Eddy @ Forum Melbourne
- January 30, 2021, – James Reyne, Daryl Braithwaite, Vika & Linda, Mia Wray @ Mallacoota Oval
“The series will get musicians back on stage and help people enjoy a great night out, supporting communities across the state. It’s another part of the extensive support we’ve provided to the tourism, creative and major events industries, which had a very challenging year last year. Our music industry supports thousands of jobs and injects millions into our economy, and we’re helping the sector get back on track.”Martin Pakula – Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events
- To ensure the safety of all fans and a COVIDSafe event the following will be implemented:
- Reduced capacity shows
- Digital tickets – this ensures all contact details are recorded even when a ticket is forwarded or sold to another patron.
- “Buy together to stay together” – Shows will be reserved allocated seating only (increased the row widths to ensure social distancing between groups)
- Regular touchpoint cleaning
- Additional Bar, Food & Sanitary facilities to minimise queuing
- Additional Staffing – Security and Event staff to help manage social distancing onsite
- COVIDSafe officer to ensure compliance
- Hand Sanitiser stations
- Increased communications to patrons and staff
- Event staff health check and training
- Additional medical facilities and staffing
2021 Sounds Better Together will launch on Saturday 23 January. Tickets to the first four shows go on sale Tuesday 19 January @ 12pm AEDT via Ticketmaster.com.au.