Music / Announce
Aussie music royalty team up for bushfire fundraiser concerts
Your favourite Australian artists are inviting you to join them for two nights of entertainment for an incredibly worthwhile cause.
We may not have influence over the weather, but we’re doing our part to come together for a special bushfire fundraiser and Make It Rain in dollar bills.
Across two big nights this January, a stack of Australia’s biggest artists will join together in the heart of Byron Bay to raise money for the NSW RFS Northern Rivers and Far North Coast Brigades.
Bernard Fanning & Ian Haug, Wolfmother, T’N’T, Tim Rogers, Tex Perkins & The Loose Rubber Band, ARC (members of Spiderbait/You Am I/Jet/Even), Jackson Carroll, Jimmy Willing & The Real Gone Hick-Ups feat. The Buffalo Gals, and Monica Frances will take up at The Beach Hotel in Byron Bay for this very special event.
Can’t make it to Byron? We also have an online auction featuring some money can’t buy items and experiences, that you can buy. As well as sending over some much-needed funds to our firies this summer, you also have the chance at scoring prizes including an original etching from award-winning artist Ben Quilty, a personal training session with Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky, a tennis lesson or game for three with Pat Rafter, a songwriting session with ARIA Award winner Bernard Fanning, and more still to be added Head over to MAKEITRAIN2020.COM.AU to check out the full list.
“A few months ago I was asked to play at a fire relief benefit called Ewingar Rising,” says Tex Perkins. “I was aware that the area had been devastated by firestorms. It’s always an honour to be asked to help people in hard times and to use my music for good, not only for fundraising but for healing.
“Then the rest of NSW started to burn. Suddenly fires were everywhere. Places that had never burned, and should never burn, and it hit really close to home, literally. A small bushfire in the national park near where I live quickly became a 2000 hectare blaze, it’s now over 6000 hectares and growing…If they want equipment let’s get them what they want, let’s fund the firies.”
All ticket sales for the Make It Rain bushfire fundraiser will be donated to NSW RFS Northern Rivers and Far North Coast Brigades.
Fund the Firies lineup – Wednesday 8 January
Wolfmother, ARC (members of Spiderbait/You Am I/Jet/Even), Jackson Carroll, Monica Frances
Fund the Firies lineup – Thursday 9 January
Bernard Fanning, T’N’T, Tim Rogers, Tex Perkins & The Loose Rubber Band, Jimmy Willing & The Real Gone Hick-Ups (ft The Buffalo Gals).
Online Auction Prizes (open until Tuesday 24 January)
- An original Etching by Ben Quilty
- 1 x hour Personal Training Session with Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky
- Maton guitar signed by Powderfinger
- Signed surfboard from seven-time world surfing champions Stephanie Gilmore
- Surfing session on the Mid North Coast with Joel Parkinson and Mick Fanning
- Tennis Lesson or game for three people with Pat Rafter
- Songwriting session with multiple ARIA Award Winner Bernard Fanning
- Recording session at Lacqavia Studios in Byron Bay with Grammy Award-winning Producer Nick Didia (Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine, Powderfinger, Bernard Fanning, Mastodon)
- A personal styling session at the Byron boutique with Isabella (Spelly), champagne and a $500 tab at the shop from Spell & The Gypsy Collective
- Golden ticket for you +1 to all publicly ticketed concerts at The Fortitude Music Hall in 2020
- You and three mates join the legendary Stone & Wood Head Brewer to brew your very own beer
Make It Rain – Fund The Firies will take place at The Beach Hotel, Byron Bay on Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 January. The online auction will run until Tuesday 24 January. Tickets for this special bushfire fundraiser are on sale now via MakeItRain2020.com.au.