Cute animals + great tunes = hello summer
No matter your music taste, there is something to love in next year’s Melbourne Zoo Twilights program.
Never one to disappoint us, Melbourne Zoo Twilights have locked in a genre-spanning, intergenerational smorgasbord of incredible local and international acts ready to take Melbourne music through the summer.
Where do we even start? 2020’s Melbourne Zoo Twilights will welcome chart-topping icons, ICEHOUSE, nine-time Aria award-winning Australian pop queen Missy Higgins, and soul and R&B queen Mavis Staples – just to scratch the surface. That means next summer you’ll be singing along to ‘Great Southern Land’, ‘Down In Mississippi’ and ‘Scar’. Queue all the feelings.
But wait, there is more. So much more. Vocal powerhouses Meg Mac and Emily Wurramara are on board alongside the likes of art-pop rockers Methyl Ethel, human glitter canons Confidence Man, party starters The Cat Empire, and the ultimate indie-folk double billing of Julia Jacklin and Weyes Blood.
Proceeds from next year’s series will go towards Zoos Victoria’s efforts to save the critically endangered Mountain Pygmy-possum from extinction. There are fewer than 2,000 of these little guys left in the wild, with climate change, loss of habitat, and predators all severe threats to their existence.
As an added bonus, ticketholders get to explore the Zoo before the music kicks off.
Melbourne Zoo Twilights 2020 program
- Friday 24 January – Confidence Man supported by Wax’o Paradiso
- Saturday 25 January – ICEHOUSE with special guests
- Friday 31 January – Toots and The Maytals supported by Systa BB
- Saturday 1 February – An Evening With Randy Newman
- Friday 7 February – Missy Higgins supported by William Crighton
- Friday 14 February – The Cat Empire supported by Emily Wurramara
- Friday 21 February – 10cc supported by Russell Morris
- Saturday 22 February – Methyl Ethel supported by Hatchie
- Friday 28 February – Julia Jacklin supported by Weyes Blood
- Saturday 29 February – Meg Mac supported by Fergus James
- Friday 6 March – Stereolab supported by Mildlife
- Saturday 7 March – Mavis Staples supported by Emma Donovan and The Putbacks
Melbourne Zoo Twilights 2020 will run from Friday 24 January until Saturday 7 March. Tickets on sale Tuesday 22 October @ 8am via our mates at Moshtix.