Your two favourite Irish lads are joining forces!
What is better than watching Dermot Kennedy perform at London’s incredible Natural History Museum? Well, throw in our new favourite internet boyfriend, Normal People’s Paul Mescal and wait to find out.
That’s right, the two Irish lads are joining forces for a very special one-off live-streamed gig.
I’m so so excited to announce that I’m doing a once in a lifetime concert on Thursday 30th July, broadcast live from the iconic @NHM_London. I’ll also be joined by the incredible @mescal_paul. We’re going to do something truly unique. pic.twitter.com/UB6urkmcLb
— Dermot Kennedy (@DermotKennedy) July 6, 2020
This exclusive performance will be broadcasted live via YouTube on Thursday July 30 and time-zoned to specific regions around the world so that all fans – no matter where they live – have a chance to experience this very special night.
The show called Some Summer Night will feature Kennedy’s full band performing incredible new arrangements of fan favourites including brand new single ‘Giants’, alongside a special appearance from Normal People star Paul Mescal.
We don’t quite know what capacity Mescal will be appearing in yet, but if his Instagram posts are anything to go by, a duet or two is hopefully in store.
Dermot Kennedy Some Summer Night live-stream times:
- Australia – Friday 31 July @ 8pm AEST
- New Zealand – Friday 31 July @ 10pm NZST
- Asia – Friday 31 July @ 7pm JST/KST
- West Coast North America and Central America – Thursday 30 July @ 8pm PDT & 9pm MDT)
- East Coast North America and South America – Thursday 30 July @ 8pm EDT & 7pm CDT)
- Ireland, UK, and Europe – Thursday 30 July @ 9pm IST/BSR & 10pm CEST)
View this post on Instagram
“I’m incredibly excited to be playing a show at the Natural History Museum in London. To have the opportunity to bring my music into a place filled with so much history and wonderment means so much to me. We’re going to do something truly unique and I can’t wait for you to see it,” Kennedy says.
“This is easily one of the most exciting things I’ve ever been involved in and it feels like a privilege to get to put this show on and in this time when I can’t play shows as I normally would, it gives me so much joy to be able to share this event with you.”
Without giving too much away, Kennedy also hinted at what we can expect from the event, saying, “Poetry, music and history will all come together for this event and it’s going to be so special.”
Some Summer Night will be Kennedy’s first live show proper since his headline US tour in March where he sold out New York’s Radio City Music Hall.
Tickets to Dermot Kennedy’s Some Summer Night live-stream event will include an optional charitable donation with funds going to the BLM Global Network.
- Biffy Clyro to celebrate new album with special live-stream concert
- Angie McMahon announces live-stream piano concert for later this month
- British rockers IDLES announce three live-streamed gigs
- Lianne La Havas announces live-stream gig to celebrate new album
- The Streets announce exclusive live-streamed club show
- The best live stream gigs and events you can watch at home
Dermot Kennedy will perform a one-off live-streamed event at London’s Natural History Museum, with special guest Paul Mescal, on Thursday 30 July (AEST). Tickets go on sale Friday 10 July @ 9am AEST via Ticketmaster.com.au.